Welcome to the Grosvenor Light Opera Company! We are an amateur operatic society based in central London, focusing primarily on the works of W.S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan. GLOC has a long history – with over 70 performances of G&S since its debut in 1949!
- Yeomen of the Guard – Information PackGLOC are excited to begin work on their next production – The Yeomen of the Guard. Our welcome meeting is on Wednesday 31st January at 6:45pm in St Gabriel’s Halls, Churchill Gardens Rd, Pimlico, SW1V 3AA (note – this is not St Gabriel’s church itself, but the Halls on Churchill Gardens Rd). We’d love for… Read more: Yeomen of the Guard – Information Pack
- Audition Workshop & Piano Bar Social – Jan 20th!Book your tickets to our upcoming Audition Workshop on Saturday January 20th here Join GLOC’s audition workshop and piano bar sing-a-long, which includes a sumptuous hot and cold buffet dinner in The Spying room of The Morpeth Arms in Pimlico. Learn industry tips and tricks for your audition, lead by our esteemed Musical Director, Chris Jacklin!… Read more: Audition Workshop & Piano Bar Social – Jan 20th!
- Open Rehearsal 31st Jan: The Yeomen of The Guard!We are soon to start our new term rehearsing Gilbert and Sullivan’s classic The Yeomen of the Guard! We’ll be kicking off with a fun and lively introduction at the Open Rehearsal. It is free of charge to attend and everyone is welcome! Come along to meet our esteemed directors: Artistic Director Rachel Middle and… Read more: Open Rehearsal 31st Jan: The Yeomen of The Guard!
- If G&S did Eurovision…By Mark Pim, with suggestions from Emma Rettie and Jonathan Broad Unfortunately time – and good taste – prevented Gilbert and Sullivan from ever writing a Eurovision song. But if they had done for some of their characters, what might they have sung? (Get ready for some torturous G&S puns. Although some of these work… Read more: If G&S did Eurovision…
- The Grand Duke – Sullivan’s hidden gem polished to a sparkle from the original manuscriptThe premiere of Colin Jagger’s restored score for Gilbert and Sullivan’s The Grand Duke will be performed in London at the Bridewell Theatre on the 7-10th June 2023, and at the International Festival in Buxton on 4th August. Buy tickets from The Grand Duke page Colin Jagger, for 20 years Director of Music at the… Read more: The Grand Duke – Sullivan’s hidden gem polished to a sparkle from the original manuscript