Welcome to the Grosvenor Light Opera Company! We are an amateur operatic society based in central London, focusing primarily on the works of W.S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan. GLOC has a long history – with over 70 performances of G&S since its debut in 1949!
- If G&S did Eurovision…By Mark Pim, with suggestions from Emma Rettie and Jonathan Broad Unfortunately time – and good taste – prevented Gilbert and Sullivan from ever writing a Eurovision song. But if they had done for some of their characters, what might they have sung? (Get ready for some torturous G&S puns. Although some of these work… Read more: If G&S did Eurovision…
- The Grand Duke – Sullivan’s hidden gem polished to a sparkle from the original manuscriptThe premiere of Colin Jagger’s restored score for Gilbert and Sullivan’s The Grand Duke will be performed in London at the Bridewell Theatre on the 7-10th June 2023, and at the International Festival in Buxton on 4th August. Buy tickets from The Grand Duke page Colin Jagger, for 20 years Director of Music at the… Read more: The Grand Duke – Sullivan’s hidden gem polished to a sparkle from the original manuscript
- Cast for The Grand DukeWe are delighted to announce the cast for our upcoming production of The Grand Duke, 4-10 June 2023, Bridewell Theatre, London EC4Y 8EQ. It’s shaping up to be a great show, not to be missed! Ludwig – Daniel MorrisRudolph – Philip W. ErringtonErnest – Andrew HurstNotary – James ChadburnHerald – Alex ScottPrince of Monte Carlo… Read more: Cast for The Grand Duke
- Sign up to audition for The Grand Duke by Gilbert and SullivanGLOC are holding auditions this week for our next production – Gilbert & Sullivan’s The Grand Duke – performing in London 7th-10th June, and at the International G&S Festival in Buxton on 4th August. We are a friendly and welcoming amateur company who have been performing G&S in London for over 50 years. We do… Read more: Sign up to audition for The Grand Duke by Gilbert and Sullivan
- What a welcome!We had our open rehearsal for The Grand Duke last night and it was lovely to see such a large turnout – especially given the train strikes making it more difficult for people to get into London. Thank you to everyone who managed to make it and for the fantastic sound we all made together!… Read more: What a welcome!