Welcome to the Grosvenor Light Opera Company! We are an amateur operatic society based in central London, focusing primarily on the works of W.S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan. GLOC has a long history – with over 70 performances of G&S since its debut in 1949!
- It’s nearly time for The Sorcerer to pay a visit!We’re into the final stretch of preparations for The Sorcerer next week at The Bridewell Theatre.
- Our production of The Sorcerer is being brewed!Rehearsals are now well underway. We have a very strong cast, with these superb principles leading party: J.W. Wells – Stoo Gill Aline – Grace Watkins Alexis – Andrew Hurst Constance – Emma Rettie Dr Daly – Phil Errington Mrs Partlett – Ali Dixon Lady Sangazure – Lesley Khatibi Sir Marmaduke Pointdextre – James Chadburn […]
- We can’t wait to start rehearsals for The Sorcerer!We had our first, open rehearsal for our next production The Sorcerer last week and it was great to see so many new and returning faces! If you’d still like to be involved in the show then it’s not too late. We are holding auditions this week (Wednesday 2nd March and Saturday 5th March) for […]
- Want to join GLOC? Come to the Open Rehearsal for The Sorcerer!Come and meet GLOC! Old timers and newbies are welcome alike. You’ll be able to meet the Directors, sing through some delights of score, and take part in a improv workshop to explore what it is to be a villager! When: Wednesday 23rd February 18:45 – 21:45 Where: St. Gabriel’s Church Hall, Churchill Gardens, Pimlico, London […]
- Grosvenor Light Opera Company is thrilled to announce our Creative Director, Jenna Augen! Jenna is a RADA graduate and most recently finished a run in The West End in Tom Stoppard’s Olivier-Award-Winning production of Leopoldstadt at the Wyndham’s Theatre. As well as an actress, Jenna is a violinist and acting coach! We are thrilled to have Jenna’s experience as both a performer and acting coach, on top of which she […]